Hobart Street will be permanently (24-hour) closed to through traffic on November 6th to allow for the substantial completion of the roadway and underground utilities for 128 Maple Development project. The re-opening of Hobart Street to through traffic will occur on November 20th. This predetermined 15-day closure will allow for all items of Contract work to be completed except for landscaping items, placement of the top course of pavement, final traffic markings and any identified punch list items. Once the permanent road closure is completed on November 20th, vehicular traffic will resume utilizing the North Putnam Street detour only during the hours of 7am-5pm.
- The Contractor’s planned activities are scheduled to take place over a duration of fifteen (15) days [Monday November 6th, 2023, starting at 7:00am to Monday November 20th, 2023 at 5:00pm].
- The limits of work are from Charter Street to Maple Street on Hobart Street.
- All emergency vehicles and residents of North Putnam Street will have access to their streets via signed detour routes.
- The Danvers Police Department will provide police details as needed and to assist with vehicles navigating around the construction during the day.
- 24 hour - Permanent fencing and barricades will be left in place during the 15-day closure to secure the site.
- There will be no through traffic allowed through the construction zone at any time during the road closure.
If you have any questions please contact Ethan Paul, Field Project Manager at (603) 581-5732 or Stephen King, Town Engineer at (978) 777-2668.