Welcome to the Engineering Division.
The Engineering Division is primarily responsible for planning, engineering, design and construction of the Town's infrastructure including roads, curbing, sidewalks, and drainage.
The Engineering Division provides a wide range of technical assistance to Danvers Public Works (DPW) Administration, Streets and Grounds, Water and Sewer Divisions, Danvers Electric, Planning, Conservation Commission, Building Inspections, Board of Health, Town Counsel. the Recreation Department, the Police and Fire Departments, the Town Manager's office and various Town committees. Support is also provided to residents, businesses, contractors, consultants, and realtors.
Engineering stores, maintains and updates public records, maps, and plans in addition to designing and administering public works projects of all kinds. Construction plans and documents are prepared, reviewed, and bid; and construction inspections are performed by staff. The Division is frequently asked to assist in the procurement of professional services for other Town departments.
The Engineering Division manages and maintains the GIS Mapping and Databases for the development and implementation of Water, Sewer, Drainage and Roadway Infrastructure layers within the GIS Mapping System.
Other Responsibilities of the Engineering Division:
- Town Engineer is Town’s Representative to SESD Board.
- Manage the Infiltration and Inflow Program funded through SESD.
- Provide design reviews and Department Recommendations to the Notice of Intent filings with the Conservation Commission by Developers.
- Provides Technical Review to the Board of Appeals with respect to Chapter 40B Applications and local flood plain district and Site Plan Bylaw requirements.
- Approval of all State & Local water and sewer connection permits.
- The Town Engineer is the Designee / Contact for the Dam Safety program.
- Approving Authority for all local and State sewer connections and extensions.
- Manage and Administer the Street Layout and Acceptance Program.
- Prepare Massachusetts Highway Department State Highway road opening permits.
- Maintain as-built plans and records of the Town’s infrastructure, easements etc.
- Prepare sewer betterment assessments.
- Represent the Department as member of DTAC.
WATER & SEWER APPLICATIONS:
You must come into the office (1 Burroughs Street) in person to fill out Water and Sewer Applications. They can be obtained at the front counter. Details on Water and Sewer Regulations can be found here.