DPW Service Changes due to Coronavirus
ALL DPW OFFICES ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL AT LEAST MONDAY, JUNE 1.
Please see DPW service changes in the bullet points below. Full DPW program descriptions can be seen when you click on the link in the program title.
- No changes.
- Contaminated Recycling will still be stickered and left curbside.
- Curbside Yard Waste Pickup starts the week of April 26 on your regular trash & recycling day. Due to expected increases in yard waste volume, if your yard waste is not picked up on your scheduled day, please leave it out until the next day. Please limit calls to Town Hall when possible.
- Until May 26, residents may drop off yard waste at the Transfer Station without purchasing a yard waste sticker. Transfer Station Yard Waste Drop Off hours are Monday – Friday from 7AM-4PM. Residents must enter by 3:45PM and must follow the established guidelines for Yard Waste Drop Off.
- Starting Wednesday, May 13, stickers for yard waste drop off at the Danvers Transfer Station can now be purchased online. You may choose to pay for your yard waste sticker (Danvers resident with passenger vehicle – $15/year) online with electronic check, credit or debit card. Your sticker will then be sent to you in the mail. To pay for a Yard Waste Sticker please click HERE and follow the prompts.
- Yard Waste Stickers are non-refundable. You must be a Danvers resident. The sticker must be put on the vehicle of the Danvers registration provided during purchase.
- Effective Tuesday, May 26, Danvers residents must have a Yard Waste Sticker to dispose of yard waste at the Transfer Station.
- Starting Tuesday, April 14, stickers for bulky item pickup can now be purchased online. You may choose to pay for your Bulky Item Sticker online with electronic check, credit or debit card. Your sticker will then be sent to you in the mail. Once you have your sticker in hand, call the phone number on the sticker the day before your next trash pickup to schedule. Place your sticker on your item by 7AM on your trash pickup day. To pay for a Bukly Item Sticker, please click HERE and follow the prompts.
- Starting Tuesday, April 14, stickers for bulky item pickup can also be purchased from Danvers Hardware by check only made out to the Town of Danvers. Stickers can be purchased Monday – Friday from 8AM-5PM. Residents must follow the established guidelines for Bukly Item pickup in the link above.
- Curbside Textile Recycling in pink bags by Simple Recycling will resume on Monday, May 4.
- The Danvers Transfer Station is now closed on Saturdays until further notice. Operating hours are Monday – Friday from 7AM-4PM. Residents must enter by 3:45PM.
- Starting on April 17 until further notice, the Danvers Transfer Station will be implementing a “Universal Precaution Policy” regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). As a matter of normal practice, Covanta Energy would have PPE (hard hat and safety vest) available for any patron on site if needed. During these times, the potential of any disease or virus being embedded on these pieces of safety equipment can not be eliminated, therefore it is now required that all customers/residents have their own PPE while on site. Residents will only be allowed entrance to the TRASH BUILDING if they bring their own PPE which includes a hard hat and safety vest.If a town resident has a small amount of material for disposal, the resident will be able to utilize the small dumpster provided at the scale entrance without PPE. This container is mainly used for a bag or two and not for yards of material. If residents come with more than a bag or two, they will be instructed to the Transfer Station building where PPE, including a hard hat and safety vest supplied by the resident, will need to be on and utilized while out of any vehicle. Residents who do not have the proper PPE will be turned away for their safety.The Covanta Scale House has posted signs at the entrance to inform patrons, and is communicating this to anyone who visits the site. This PPE is NOT required for the yard waste disposal area. Thank you for you cooperation and understanding as we work to provide a safe environment for our residents.
Danvers Zero Waste Recycling Weekend:
- Danvers Earth Day Zero Waste Recycling Weekend scheduled for May 2 & 3, 2020 has been canceled.
- Our next Zero Waste Recycling Weekend is tentatively scheduled for October 24 & 25, 2020.