DPW Service Changes due to Coronavirus
You are encouraged to complete transactions online and only enter a Town Building for business that cannot be conducted online. If you must visit a Town building in person, you are required to follow COVID guidelines posted here. Please call the DPW Administrative office at 978-777-0001 x3011 with any questions. DPW office hours are: M-W: 8am-4pm, Th: 8am-7pm and F: 8am-noon.
Please see DPW service changes in the bullet points below. Full DPW program descriptions can be seen when you click on the link in the program title.
- No changes.
- Contaminated Recycling will still be stickered and left curbside.
- Due to expected increases in yard waste volume, if your yard waste is not picked up on your scheduled day, please leave it out until the next day. Please limit calls to Town Hall when possible.
- Stickers for yard waste drop off at the Danvers Transfer Station can now be purchased online. You may choose to pay for your yard waste sticker (Danvers resident with passenger vehicle – $15/year) online with electronic check, credit or debit card. Your sticker will then be sent to you in the mail. To pay for a Yard Waste Sticker please click HERE and follow the prompts.
- You can also contact Town Hall at 978-777-0001 and schedule an appointment to purchase a Transfer Station sticker with the clerks office.
- Yard Waste Stickers are non-refundable. You must be a Danvers resident. The sticker must be put on the vehicle of the Danvers registration provided during purchase.
- Stickers for bulky item pickup can now be purchased online. You may choose to pay for your Bulky Item Sticker online with electronic check, credit or debit card. Your sticker will then be sent to you in the mail. Once you have your sticker in hand, call the phone number on the sticker the day before your next trash pickup to schedule. Place your sticker on your item by 7AM on your trash pickup day. To pay for a Bulk7 Item Sticker, please click HERE and follow the prompts.
- Stickers for bulky item pickup can also be purchased from Danvers Hardware by check only made out to the Town of Danvers. Stickers can be purchased Monday – Friday from 8AM-5PM. Residents must follow the established guidelines for Bulky Item pickup in the link above.
- You can also contact Town Hall at 978-777-0001 and schedule an appointment with the clerks office to purchase bulky item stickers.
- Curbside Textile Recycling in pink bags by Simple Recycling is not being affected.
- The Danvers Transfer Station is now open regular operating hours: Monday – Saturday from 7AM-4PM. Residents must enter by 3:45PM.
- The Danvers Transfer Station has implemented a “Universal Precaution Policy” regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). As a matter of normal practice, Covanta Energy would have PPE (hard hat and safety vest) available for any patron on site if needed. During these times, the potential of any disease or virus being embedded on these pieces of safety equipment can not be eliminated, therefore it is now required that all customers/residents have their own PPE while on site. Residents will only be allowed entrance to the TRASH BUILDING if they bring their own PPE which includes a hard hat and safety vest. If a town resident has a small amount of bagged trash for disposal, the resident will be able to utilize the small dumpster provided at the scale entrance without PPE. This container is mainly used for a bag or two and not for yards of material and no metal. If residents come with more than a bag or two, they will be instructed to the Transfer Station building where PPE, including a hard hat and safety vest supplied by the resident, will need to be on and utilized while out of any vehicle. Residents who do not have the proper PPE will be turned away for their safety. The Covanta Scale House has posted signs at the entrance to inform patrons, and is communicating this to anyone who visits the site. This PPE is NOT required for the yard waste disposal area. Thank you for you cooperation and understanding as we work to provide a safe environment for our residents.
Danvers Zero Waste Recycling Weekend:
Danvers Earth Day Zero Waste Recycling Weekend scheduled for May 1 & 2 has been cancelled.
Public Works will not be able to hold an in-person Recycling Weekend this spring, however there are other ways to recycle materials that would have been collected at the event.
- Rigid plastics – can be recycled in a roll off container at the Transfer station (no charge).
- Metals – can be recycled at the Transfer Station with a charge of $0.10 /lb.
- Textiles – can be recycled curbside in pink bags with the Simple Recycling program on your trash day.
- Electronics – Televisions, Computer Monitors, Appliances can be disposed of for a $30 fee at the Transfer Station OR residents can purchase bulky item sticker(s) for curbside pick up either at Danvers Hardware or online (see above).
- Paper Shredding – small personal shredders are inexpensive to purchase and can be used on a daily basis. Please note that shredded paper should not go in your recycling bin because it contaminates the recycling stream. Please put shredded paper in your trash. Another option, select Staples store locations offer shredding servies.