OPEN TO PUBLIC
(*days and times are subject to change based on programming)
On May 10, 2018, the Town of Danvers celebrated the grand opening of the Endicott Park Nature Center. The Nature Center was made possible by The Friends of Endicott Park, Inc., a recognized 501c3 charitable organization established in 1995 with a mission to support the preservation, conservation and enhancement of this natural, educational and historic resource.
The nearly 750 sq. ft. center was built from an old wood shed structure attached to the Visitor's Center. It showcases displays that explore our relationship with nature through exhibits and interactive experiences. Designed for visitors of all ages, the family-friendly center features changing exhibitions, hands-on displays and a workspace for arts and crafts. Exhibits include preserved mounted animals and nature dioramas. Staffed by paid and/or volunteer naturalists, the center offers educational programs to the general public, as well as scout troops, summer camps, after-school and school group programs.
Who can use the Nature Center?
- Danvers Recreation Programs such as Little Explorers, Endicott Adventures, Junior Rangers
- Adult Programs through Danvers Recreation such as Nature Center Lecture Series, Bird Watching Club etc.
- Danvers Public School groups visiting for science field trips.
- Non-Danvers based school groups on field trips
- The Community (Wednesdays 9am-5pm & Saturdays 9am-1pm)
What educational tools are available in the Center?
- Mural with local species, and interactive habitat flip book
- Pelts from many local mammals
- Handcrafted tree ID display
- Reading corner with books about science, and local plants & animals
- Custom made ground form with birch trees, taxidermied turkey and chipmunk
- 150-gallon aquarium with fish species from Goodno Pond
- 55-gallon forest floor terrarium, home to an American Toad
- Small arboreal terrarium home to a Gray Tree Frog
- Drawers full of skulls (everything from birds to turtles and mammals)
- Live bee exhibit with educational diplays
- Interpretive displays that focus on different topics of nature that occur in the current season
- Smart TV that allows us to access the internet to show educational videos, & syncs to tablet to allow PowerPoint presentations, etc.