Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
The Town offers rebates on select ENERGYSTAR appliances. Danvers Electric customers who purchased an EnergyStar certified appliance within 2 years of application submission may be eligible for a rebate. Look for the EnergyStar logo on the yellow Energy Guide that comes on all appliances for energy savings.
Rebates offered by the Town include:
$115 on REFRIGERATORS
- Refrigerators must be EnergyStar rated
$35 on ROOM AIR CONDITIONERS
- Room air conditioners must be EnergyStar rated, have a SEER* rating of 12 or higher and must be replacing an older unit which has been properly disposed of (a Receipt of Disposal from the Town is required)
$115 on CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING UNITS
- Central air conditioning units must be EnergyStar rated and have a SEER* rating of 15 or higher
$100 per $1,000 spent on material only (up to $600) on ELECTRIC HEAT PUMP UNITS
- Heat pump units must be EnergyStar rated, have a SEER* rating of 14 or higher and a HSPF** of 8.0 or higher
- For combination units (heat pump/AC), only the heat pump rebate will be issued.
NOTE: Rebates are for Danvers' residents only with active accounts in good standing.
Rebate forms may be submitted online through the below link if you attach the required backup documentation. You can also obtain a copy of a rebate application at Town Offices or print an application below, fill it out completely and mail it or bring it to the address on the application with the required backup documentation. Please contact the DPW with any questions.
*The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is a measure of the cooling efficiency of a system. The higher the SEER number, the the more efficiently the system operates.
**The Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) is used to measure the efficiency of air source heat pumps. The higher the HSPF rating of a unit, the more energy efficient it is.