The Town offers rebates on select ENERGYSTAR appliances, electric heat pumps, and ENERGYSTAR equipment. Danvers Electric customers who purchased an EnergyStar certified appliance within 1 year of application submission may be eligible for a rebate. Look for the EnergyStar logo on the yellow Energy Guide that comes on all appliances for energy savings. Additionally, please check the SEER and/or HSPF rating requirements to confirm eligibility on associated equipment.
Rebates offered by the Town include:
$100 on REFRIGERATORS
- Refrigerators must be EnergyStar rated
$45 on ROOM AIR CONDITIONERS
- Room air conditioners must be EnergyStar rated, have a SEER* rating of 15 or higher and must be replacing an older unit which has been properly disposed of (a Receipt of Disposal from the Town is required)
$115 on CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING UNITS
- Central air conditioning units must be EnergyStar rated and have a SEER* rating of 16 or higher
$250 or $500 on ELECTRIC HEAT PUMP UNITS
- $500 rebate - Heat pump units must be EnergyStar rated, have a SEER* rating of 18 or higher and a HSPF** of 9.6 or higher
- $250 Rebate – Heat pump units must be ENERGYSTAR rated, have a SEER rating of 16 or higher and a HSPF of 8.5 or higher
- For combination units (heat pump/AC), only the heat pump rebate will be issued.
$25 on DEHUMIDIFIERS
- Dehumidifiers must be ENERGYSTAR rated
$300 on HYBRID WATER HEATER HEAT PUMP
- Hybrid water heater heat pumps must be ENERGYSTAR rated
$50 on WIRELESS-ENABLED/SMART THERMOSTATS
$25 on PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTATS (NON-WIFI)
$300 on LEVEL 2 EV CHARGERS (240V)
- Rebate is on equipment only and the rebate can be found here
NOTE: Rebates are for Danvers' residents only with active accounts in good standing.
You can fill out the application online, print an application below or obtain a copy of a rebate application at the Business Division @ 2 Burroughs Street or DPW Admin Office @ 1 Sylvan Street. Please contact the DPW @ 978-777-0001 x3011 with any questions.
*The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is a measure of the cooling efficiency of a system. The higher the SEER number, the more efficiently the system operates.
**The Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) is used to measure the efficiency of air source heat pumps. The higher the HSPF rating of a unit, the more energy efficient it is.
Danvers Electric has partnered with Energy New England to process and administer the energy conservation rebate program. Additional information about Energy New England, Danvers energy saving rebates, the EV charger rebate program, free energy assessments, and Danvers electric Peak Savings program can be found here.
Rebate Application Submittal Options:
- Print application online or pick up application at Town offices & bring completed application & required attachments to Jeff Elie at Electric Division, 1 Burroughs Street
- Print application online or pick up application at Town offices & mail completed application & required attachments to address on application
- Enter application information in online fillable form, print & bring completed application & required attachments to Jeff Elie at Electric Division, 1 Burroughs Street
- Enter application information in online fillable form, print & mail completed application & required attachments to address on application
- Enter application information in online fillable form, save file & email completed application & required attachments to email address on application