4:00pm - 7:00pm TBD
A FAMILY FUN NIGHT! The Town of Danvers welcomes residents for its annual Open House on Thursday, October 11 from 4-7 PM. In addition, we’ll take the opportunity to celebrate National Fire Prevention Week and Public Power Week.
“Open House is an opportunity for residents to get a behind the scenes look at what goes on in their municipal offices,” said Town Manager Steve Bartha. “Please join us for what is sure to be an educational and fun-filled evening. Best of all, it’s free!”
Transportation to the Fire Station, Police Station, Peabody Institute Library via Town Hall, Danvers Electric and Danvers Recreation at Endicott Park will be provided by the Salem Trolley. Parking is limited at all sites – please use the municipal parking area across from Town Hall or leave your car at Endicott Park.
The following are highlights of activities offered at each location during Open House:
- Fire Station: Fire prevention is the theme. You can walk through a “Smoke House” and enjoy some pizza. See the Jaws of Life in action!
- Danvers Electric: Check out the Electric Village and an Electric Vehicle. Go for a ride in the bucket truck and decorate a cookie.
- Endicott Park: Visit the animals at the barnyard, explore the Nature Center, search the straw stack for hidden treasures, go on a hayride and play games with Danvers Recreation.
- Town Hall: Talk with representatives from the Senior Center, Rail Trail, Rotary Farmer’s Market and find out more about the Smith School project and Downtown Re-Zoning project. Enter raffles from several Town Departments including Town Manager for the Day and a ride to school in a patrol car.
- Library: Kids can make their own spin art and seasonal craft. Get your overdue library fines forgiven.
- Police Station: They’re all about dogs – hot dogs to eat and a K-9 demonstration at 5:30 PM. Check out all their vehicles.
Hop on the trolley, ride through Danvers, and see what services your Town has to offer. You’ll be surprised and delighted by what you learn and you’ll have fun doing it!