July 2, 2020 | 5:30 PM
Today, the Baker-Polito Administrations announced that move to Phase III, Part 1 of the State’s Reopening Plan. The following businesses will be eligible to reopen in Step One of Phase III, subject to industry-specific rules concerning capacity and operations:
- Movie theaters and outdoor performance venues;
- Museums, cultural and historical sites;
- Fitness centers and health clubs;
- Certain indoor recreational activities with low potential for contact;
- Professional sports teams, under the authority of league-wide rules, may hold games without spectators
Full guidance and list of businesses eligible to reopen in Step One of Phase III can be found at www.mass.gov/reopening. Businesses and sectors set to begin opening in Phase III are subject to compliance with all mandatory safety standards. As a reminder, the move to this phase doesn’t mean that all businesses that are eligible to reopen will. Businesses must assess if they are prepared and can meet the reopening requirements.