May 7, 2020 | 3:30 PM
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are several changes to our election process for the June 2, 2020 Annual Town Election:
- The Polls in the Danvers High School Field House will be open on Election Day from 10:00 A.M.- 8:00 P.M.
- Early voting BY MAIL (not in person) will be offered to ALL registered voters.
- Absentee Voting will still be available for registered voters who qualify as follows:
- Only those who will be absent from their city or town on Election Day, or
- Have a disability that prevents them from going to the polls, or
- Have a religious belief preventing the same, are legally allowed to vote by absentee ballot.
Early voting can be done by mail. Early Voting applications can be found on the Town’s website at: https://www.danversma.gov/voter-information/ . A handwritten or scanned signature is required on an executed application to obtain an early voting ballot. You may return your signed, executed, scanned application by email to [email protected] , place it in the drop box on the Sylvan Street side of Town Hall or by US Mail. When you receive your ballot please fill it out, you must sign the small ballot envelope, place your ballot in the return envelope, seal it with tape and place all in the white envelope and return by mail or drop it off in the mail slot at Town Hall (be sure to allow enough time for it to get to us before the polls close on Election Day). As always, you may NOT return early or absentee ballots directly to the polls on Election Day, they must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office on Sylvan Street. Please note, however, once a voter has cast an early voting ballot, the voter may no longer vote at the polls on Election Day.
The last day to request an early, or absentee ballot is Noon on Monday, June 1st. The last day to register to vote (if you are not already registered) is Saturday, May 23rd 8pm. You may register online through the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s Office (www.registertovote.com).
In addition, we have a need for Poll Workers on Election Day. If you are interested, please contact Cathy Ellsworth at [email protected] for details.
Any questions can be referred to the Town Clerks’ office by email at [email protected] or by phone at 978-0001 x 3053.