The Town of Danvers welcome applicants to join its team in the position of Civilian Dispatcher for the Police & Fire Departments. The Town of Danvers is a politically stable and professionally managed community on the North Shore, providing a supportive and welcoming environment for all Town staff, including a commitment to professional development and policies that promote and support a healthy work/life balance.
This position is responsible for providing the public with the quickest possible response to requests for public safety and Town services by the efficient and diligent manner in which messages are broadcast to field units. This position provides aid and support to the various departments by ensuring that messages are clear, concise, and timely. Position shall maintain accurate and uniform documentation procedures for all dispatched activity through proper utilization of the Department incident reporting system and shall be fully familiar with the procedures for all other data entry responsibilities assigned to the Communications Section. Is responsible for alarm monitoring, assists with audio/video monitoring of prisoners, video monitoring of the premises and maintenance of certain records and files.
The Town will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteerism, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item in the qualification section of the job description is labeled required. Other members of the HR team bring a wide range of skill and experience which allows the Town to consider an extensive range of candidates.
- High School or equivalent graduate required; Associate degree preferred
- Prior experience in a dispatch setting strongly preferred.
- Completion of, or ability to obtain within three (3) months of hire, five-week State 911 Academy, 3-day Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification course, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use and application of computer related programs, such as Microsoft Office and ability to become proficient in QED’s Records Management System is required. Familiarity with computerized dispatch functions is preferred.
- Must be fully committed to providing service excellence to every person who visits, works, or resides in the Town of Danvers by embodying the organization’s five core values: inclusion, integrity, accountability, positivity, and collaboration.
- For a full job description, please click here
This is a union position that works 40 hours per week (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM). The pay scale starts at $21.72 per hours, with the ability to move through scale (via step system) to the max step at $26.67.
To apply, please send a Town application, resume, and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, by email as a PDF to [email protected], or by mail to Town Hall, 1 Sylvan Street, Danvers, MA 01923.
Applications will be received until the position is filled, with a first review of candidates on May 23, 2022.
The Town of Danvers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available for your reference.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact us at [email protected] or (978) 777-0001 x3030 in advance to request assistance.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com