The Town of Danvers offers a memorial bench program for those interested in donating a bench for installation on Town property to memorialize or honor someone special. All donations must be approved by the Board of Selectmen. Additional information and policies are listed below.
- Applicants must read the memorial bench information and policies, fully complete the application below and return the completed application to the Danvers Recreation.
- Danvers Recreation and Town Officials make all final decisions, including, but not limited to the location and style of the memorial bench.
- All memorial bench requests must be accepted in accordance with the Town of Danvers gift policy.
- All inscriptions are subject to approval.
- The applicant is responsible for maintenance of the memorial bench beyond the period covered by the warranty and/or maintenance during the period of the warranty that is not covered by the warranty and is not the result of normal wear and tear. The Town of Danvers reserves the right to deem the bench unserviceable and remove same as necessary.
- A check for the cost of the bench must accompany your completed application.
- Once your completed application is received by Danvers Recreation, it will be reviewed and you will be notified of our decision.
- Benches will be installed by the Department of Public Works.
All memorial benches are purchased from the New England Recreation Group, Inc. The 6’ Paris Terraza bench is made with classically styled cast aluminum end frames/legs and recycled plastic planking. The steel frame that supports the planking attaches to the castings with security hardware. Thermally bonded powder coating assures long-lasting beauty for a price of $1,800.00. This price includes the cost of delivery and assembly. In addition to the price of the bench, each applicant will be assessed a $200.00 installation fee. The installation fee includes the cost of the cement necessary for the base of each bench and the costs associated with installation of the bench by the Department of Public Works. Benches will be delivered 5-7 weeks. Benches can be viewed at http://www.peml.com/
Questions and concerns regarding Memorial Benches should be addressed to the Danvers Recreation Division.