The Danvers Council on Aging SHINE Program
SHINE: Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone (on Medicare)
The SHINE Program provides free health insurance information and counseling to all Massachusetts residents with Medicare and their caregivers.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 Emergency, we are not offering in person appointments until further notice. However, please view the information on this page to help answer your questions. If you need further assistance, email Lisa Westrate.
Our DCOA SHINE Team
At a Monthly Training Meeting in 2019
MEDICARE - General Information
- Medicare and You 2021 (Annual Publication)
- Visit the National Council On Aging's new Medicare educational resource site
- Visit the Massachusetts SHINE website for help with navigating Medicare options
- Create a Medicare.gov Account - quick guide
- Visit Medicare.gov to Compare Plans or find out if a service is covered
- Watch a video about how to create an account on MyMedicare.gov
BENEFIT & COMPARISON CHARTS
- Medicare Premiums and Deductibles – 2021
- Medigap Supplement Chart (Massachusetts) – 2021
- Massachusetts Medicare Advantage Plan Overview - 2021
- Part C/Medicare Advantage Plans (Essex County)– 2021
- Part D Prescription Drug Plans (Massachusetts) – 2021
- Who Pays First if You Have Other Insurance?
- MA Health Connector - For people not eligible for Medicare