For the most up-to-date information on the Coronavirus please click here.

FAQ Topic: Harbormaster

How do I get a slip at the Town’s public marina (Crane River Marina)

The Crane River Marina is the Town’s only public marina and provides dockage for 68 vessels up to 25′ in length.  Dockage space is assigned from a waiting list with Danvers residents given priority.  There is a one-time $6 fee to apply to the waiting list. Apply online at: Waiting List Application

How do I pay my mooring or dockage permit fee?

Mooring, dockage, slip and waiting list fees can be paid in person at the Harbormaster’s Office, 8 Harbor St. or online using the link below.  This link will bring you to our secure application site where you will be able to apply for or renew permits, apply to a waiting list, review your mooring and inspection information, view your … Continued

How do I pay or appeal a boating citation or violation?

Pursuant to the authority granted by c.102/90B/111 of the General Laws and c.28 s.3(1)/8(3) of the Town By-Laws: The Town of Danvers authorizes the Harbormaster and Assistant Harbormaster’s to enforce all state and local laws in Danvers Harbor. Any violation of equipment, safety and operational standards may be enforced by means of non-criminal citation pursuant … Continued

Do I need a fishing permit for fresh water?

In Massachusetts, fishing licenses are required for all persons 15 years of age and over on inland waters. Anglers under 15 may fish, but do not need a license.  To obtain a freshwater fishing license, click here: Freshwater Fishing Licenses  

Do I need a fishing permit for saltwater?

In Massachusetts, if you’re 16 years or older, you need a recreational saltwater fishing permit to fish in Massachusetts. This permit may be issued from Massachusetts or from a nearby state that has a reciprocity agreement with Massachusetts. For ages 16-59, the cost of the permit is $10. Ages 60+ must still have a permit … Continued

How do I get a mooring for my boat?

The Harbormaster’s office oversees the placement and permitting of 125 moorings. Moorings are privately owned by boaters and homeowners.   The Town of Danvers is not currently permitting new moorings, however, moorings being sold are offered to waiting list applicants. To apply to the mooring waiting list, click here: Online Waiting List Applications  

Where can I launch my boat in Danvers?

Danvers has a public boat launch ramp at Pope’s Landing on Liberty St.  For a minimum charge of $5.00 ($75 for the season) you can launch your boat using the ramp. The Landing also offers public restrooms, a lighted parking lot, scenic park, and picnic area. There is a thirty minute tie-up area at the public … Continued

How do I register my boat?

Renewing a Boat Registration? Boat registrations can be renewed online. Click Here New Boat Registration? Boat, Recreation Vehicle & Snowmobile Registration Bureau 251 Causeway St. Suite# 101 Boston, MA 02114 Boats 14 ft and Over – Documents Required Bill of Sale – Name, address and signature of the seller must be on the bill of … Continued

Close window