For the most up-to-date information on the Coronavirus please click here.

FAQ Topic: Marriage

Can I officiate a wedding ceremony for a friend or family member?

If you are not already authorized to officiate wedding ceremonies, you may apply for a one day solemnization license.  The Town of Danvers does not process these requests, please contact the State of Massachusetts  here http://one day solemnization   .

How do I apply for a marriage license?

Both parties need to come to the Town Clerk’s office during normal business hours. You will each need to show a picture ID There is a 3 day waiting period (day 1 is day after you appear) License is valid within 60 days from date of application $30 (cash, check, money order, or most credit cards … Continued

How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate?

You FIRST need to confirm your record is on file in Danvers.  Marriage records are ONLY HELD IN THE CITY/TOWN YOU APPLIED FOR YOUR LICENSE WHEN YOU GOT MARRIED NOT the city/town you got married in.  If you have any question, please contact the Clerk’s Office via email at [email protected] or 978 -777-0001 x3053 or x3051 … Continued

Close window