For the most up-to-date information on the Coronavirus please click here.

FAQ Topic: Permits & Licensing

How do I apply for a Common Victualler License?

The Select Board is the Local Licensing Authority.   An applicant for a Common Victualler  license must filed a complete an application with the Town Clerk along with the following fees:  $100 payable to the Town of Danvers. You may contact Catherine Ellsworth, Town Clerk  at 978-777-0001 x.3046 [email protected] , or the Office of the Town Clerk … Continued

How do I apply for a marriage license?

Both parties need to come to the Town Clerk’s office during normal business hours. You will each need to show a picture ID There is a 3 day waiting period (day 1 is day after you appear) License is valid within 60 days from date of application $30 (cash, check, money order, or most credit cards … Continued

How do I pay my mooring or dockage permit fee?

Mooring, dockage, slip and waiting list fees can be paid in person at the Harbormaster’s Office, 8 Harbor St. or online using the link below.  This link will bring you to our secure application site where you will be able to apply for or renew permits, apply to a waiting list, review your mooring and inspection information, view your … Continued

Do I need a fishing permit for fresh water?

In Massachusetts, fishing licenses are required for all persons 15 years of age and over on inland waters. Anglers under 15 may fish, but do not need a license.  To obtain a freshwater fishing license, click here: Freshwater Fishing Licenses  

Do I need a fishing permit for saltwater?

In Massachusetts, if you’re 16 years or older, you need a recreational saltwater fishing permit to fish in Massachusetts. This permit may be issued from Massachusetts or from a nearby state that has a reciprocity agreement with Massachusetts. For ages 16-59, the cost of the permit is $10. Ages 60+ must still have a permit … Continued

How long does it take to get a building permit?

If the application is complete and all prerequisite approvals have been obtained, no more than 30 days. The nature of the work proposed will impact the length of time to process the application.   This will vary based upon the level of permit activity, which fluctuates seasonally.  Please call the office to check status 978-777-0001 x3061 … Continued

Who can apply for a building permit?

A property owner, or the owner’s duly authorize agent may apply for a building permit.   To nominate an agent an owner must sign a writing that identifies the property, the owner and the agent. Contractors remain responsibilities pursuant to G.L. c 142 A even when the property owner or agent apply for the building permit.

Close window