The Danvers DPW, in partnership with the Rail Trail Committee, will be hosting its first spring Town wide Clean Up event this year on Saturday, April 23, 9:00 am-12:00 pm. All town groups are encouraged to participate, including schools, youth leagues, neighborhood associations, clubs, Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops, churches, temples, and any other small group OR even individuals who wish to join this great community-building event. The benefits are threefold: While helping to beautify the town, we’re promoting proper disposal practices, and helping to combat the effects littering has on the environment.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Organize your group (or plan to go solo), then choose a town-owned area of special interest to you Endicott Park, Rail Trail, Pope’s Landing to name a few
- Sign up, using this form: Danvers Clean Up Event – Sign Up. DPW will provide supplies, including gloves, blue garbage bags, and clear bags for recycling. Supplies may be picked up at the DPW Office at Town Hall, 1 Sylvan Street the week of April 11 (normal business hours).
Not available on April 23? If you or your group cannot work on April 23, you can still participate:
- Schedule cleanup work on Friday, April 22 or Sunday, April 24.
- Bring a bag with you and clean up wherever your schedule takes you.
- Request to be added to an existing group/area.
DPW staff will complete the cleanup Monday, April 25, by collecting all garbage and recycling bags and large debris at designated pickup locations.
For more information visit: www.danversma.gov/2022-town-wide-spring-clean-up-event/
We are looking forward to a fun and productive Clean Up Event in Danvers!