- Limit of 3 bags or barrels of trash per single-family home—multi-family homes (2-4 units) may put out up to 5 bags or barrels TOTAL. Anything over these limits will be left curbside.
- Multi-family homes with more than 4 units & all businesses are NOT eligible for curbside pickup.
- Recycling is mandatory and unlimited. Recycling must be put out weekly in order to have your trash picked up. You must leave your recycling bin out until your trash has been collected to ensure pickup.
- No recyclables are allowed in the trash—your trash will not be picked up.
- Barrels/bags/recycling bins may not be larger than 45 gallons/50 pounds. Do not overfill—nothing over the top of barrel. Anything over these limits will be left curbside.
- All items must be curbside by 7:00 AM.
- Call the DPW at 95 Hobart Street at 978-762-0231 with issues pertaining to trash, recycling and yard waste curbside pickup.
- Danvers has dual stream recycling: glass, metal cans & foil, and plastics #1-7 may be comingled in your recycling bin.
- Paper including newspaper, magazines, paperboard, etc. may be bagged in paper, tied or put in a separate bin.
- Cardboard must be cut, flattened to 4’x 4’ and bundled to no thicker than 1’.
- Recycling may be put in any container marked for recycling or with a free “recycle” sticker that you can pick up at several Town buildings.
- Recycling bins can be purchased at the DPW, 95 Hobart Street for $5 payable by cash or check.
- The Town encourages stormwater harvesting & composting. Rain barrels ($30) and compost bins ($30), can be purchased with cash or check at the DPW, 95 Hobart Street. Please call 978-762-0231 for availability.