- Limit of 3 bags or barrels of trash per single-family home—multi-family homes (2-4 units) may put out up to 5 bags or barrels TOTAL. Anything over these limits will be left curbside.
- Multi-family homes with more than 4 units & all businesses are NOT eligible for ANY curbside pickup (trash/recycling/bulky item/yard waste).
- Recycling is DUAL STREAM, mandatory and unlimited. Recycling must be put out weekly in order to have your trash picked up. You must leave your recycling bin out until your trash has been collected to ensure pickup.
- No recyclables are allowed in the trash—your trash will not be picked up.
- Barrels/bags/recycling bins may not be larger than 45 gallons/50 pounds. Do not overfill—nothing over the top of barrel. Anything over these limits will be left curbside.
- All items must be curbside by 7:00 AM.
- Call the DPW at 95 Hobart Street at 978-762-0231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with issues pertaining to trash, recycling, bulky item and yard waste curbside pickup.
Curbside Dual Stream Recycling
- Containers can be comingled: glass bottles & jars, metal cans & foil, & plastic containers may be put together in one recycling bin. No plastic bags!
- Paper including newspaper, magazines, paperboard, etc. may be bagged in paper, tied or put in a separate recycling bin.
- Cardboard must be cut, flattened to 4’x 4’ and bundled to no thicker than 1’. Smaller boxes may be nested.
- NO Styrofoam or plastic bags in curbside recycling. Metal Items and Rigid Plastic Items are NOT recyclable curbside. They may be brought to the Transfer Station for recycling.
- Any container can be marked for recycling or labeled with a free “recycle” sticker available at Town Hall and the Business Division. No plastic bags!
- Recycling bins can be purchased at the DPW, 95 Hobart Street with cash or check when in stock.
- The Town encourages stormwater harvesting & composting, has a rain barrel rebate (up to $100) and sells compost bins ($25) in the spring. They can be purchased with cash or check at the DPW, 95 Hobart Street. Please call 978-762-0231 for availability.
The following items are NOT recyclable curbside:
- Plastic Bags - please recycle at your local grocery or department store where you get them
- Styrofoam - please dispose of with your regular trash - large pieces count as one item
- Metal items - can be brought to the Transfer Station ($0.10/lb starting January 1, 2019) or recycled for free during Danvers Zero Waste Recycling Weekends in the spring and fall
- Rigid Plastic items - can be recycled at the Transfer Station for free or recycled for free during Danvers Zero Waste Recycling Weekends in the spring and fall.
Placing non-recyclable items in your recycling bin may result in your recycling being left curbside.