Water Efficiency Rebate Program
Saving water is everyone’s responsibility. By replacing your older appliances and fixtures with new, water conserving models, you become part of the solution. Danvers DPW offers several water rebate incentives. Our program gives you the opportunity to save valuable natural resources, update your home appliances and save money. Water customers (Danvers residents only) who purchased a water conserving appliance or fixture within 2 years of application submission may be eligible for a rebate.
Look for the WaterSense logo on appliances for additional water savings. The WaterSense label makes it simple to find water-efficient products, new homes and programs that meet EPA’s criteria for efficiency and performance. WaterSense-labeled products and services are certified to use at least 20 percent less water, save energy and perform as well as or better than regular models. When you use these water–saving products in your home or business, you can expect exceptional performance, savings on your water bills and assurance that you are saving water for future generations. Danvers DPW thanks you for making every drop count.
Rebates offered by the Town include:
TOILETS - must be replaced by a plumber - rebate must include a signed Plumber's Permit
The plumbing permit fee will be refunded upon approval of application.
- $200 for 1.28 or 0.8 gallons per flush (gpf) or less (replacing a toilet fabricated
- $150 for 1.6 gpf or less (replacing a toilet fabricated BEFORE 1994)
- $ 60 for 0.8 gpf or less (replacing a toilet fabricated in 1994 and AFTER)
- $ 25 for 1.28 gpf or less (replacing a toilet fabricated in 1994 and AFTER)
$200 on CLOTHES WASHERS - replacing one fabricated before 2005
- Clothes Washers must be Tier Rated on the 2015 CEE* List
$50 on SHOWERHEADS
- Showerheads must have a flow rate of 2.0 gallons per minute (gpm) or less
$50 on FAUCETS
- Faucets must have a flow rate of 1.5 gpm or less
$100 on LAWN IRRIGATION RAIN SENSORS
- Lawn Irrigation Rain Sensors must be wireless. Wireless rain sensor must be replacing an existing rain sensor or being added to an existing irrigation system without a rain sensor. Rebate not valid on new irrigation systems.
NOTE: Rebates are for Danvers' residents only with active accounts in good standing.
Rebate forms may be submitted online through the below link if you attach the required backup documentation. You can also obtain a copy of a rebate application at Town Offices or print an application below, fill it out completely and mail it or bring it to the address on the application with the required backup documentation. Please contact the DPW with any questions.
*The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) - Through the Super Efficient Home Appliances Initiative, CEE promotes the manufacture and sales of energy efficient clothes washers. CEE has developed a set of specifications and a qualifying products list to define energy efficiency and works with initiative participants (utilities and energy organizations) to promote qualifying washers through incentive, educational and promotional programs.