March 27, 2020 | 8:30 AM
Good Afternoon Danvers. Thank you for continuing to follow the Governor’s Stay at Home Advisory and practicing social distancing when you do need to leave your home. As we head into the weekend, we have a few updates/reminders for the community:
- If you call 9-1-1 for emergency services, please notify the dispatcher if you or anyone in your household is sick or experiencing any flu or COVID-19 symptoms (even if you haven’t been tested or diagnosed). Emergency personnel will respond to all calls, regardless of whether someone presents with symptoms. This information allows the responders to be prepared. It is very important that we strive to keep our public safety personal healthy and protected, so they can continue to serve us. We ask for your cooperation and support in this effort.
- In order to minimize exposure and maintain essential services, Covanta will be closing the transfer station on Saturdays until further notice. Residents who must bring up trash, leaves or yard waste need to do so Monday – Friday. We encourage residents to postpone these trips for as long as possible to minimize exposure. Transfer Station hours will be Monday – Friday from 7am-4pm until further notice. Users must enter by 3:45pm. During this this period, current residential stickers are not required, however access is limited to residents only (may need to show driver’s license with Danvers address).
- Curbside TEXTILE recycling has been suspended. This does not effect normal recycling and will be in effect until further notice.
- As a reminder, all playgrounds are closed. This includes basketball and other sports fields and courts. Games of basketball and squash will need to wait until the need for social distancing is over. Residents are encouraged to engage in actives in their own yards and enjoy walks/runs while maintaining social distancing.
- The Board of Selectmen will be meeting on Monday. They will primarily take action to delay Town Meeting and Local Elections, but will also discussion some of the municipal relief related to COVID-19 that’s pending in several pieces of legislation. A notification call will be sent out Tuesday evening to update the community on action the Board took and other important updates. Please make sure you have signed up to receive these calls (https://danversma.bbcportal.com/).
Town staff continues to work behind the scenes to answer questions and ensure services are available to our residents. If you need anything please contact us at [email protected] or 978-777-0001 and press 1 (phones are staffed 8:00am-5:00pm, 7 days a week). Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this period.